LifeLine Animal Project at DeKalb currently has the following job openings:
- Veterinary Technician
- Kennel Attendant
- Animal Services Officer
Scroll down to read more information about each job and how to apply. All candidates must pass a background check and drug screening.
LifeLine Animal Project, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Veterinary Assistant at the DeKalb County Animal Services facility in Decatur, Georgia. Responsible for daily care of surgical atients, assisting doctors and technicians with surgical and anesthetic procedures, and general housekeeping, this position is an excellent opportunity for an experienced assistant. LifeLine offers competitive pay, insurance benefits, paid time off and holidays to all full-time employees.
Essential Job Functions:
• Assists with public intake and release of patients as needed.
• Responsible for prepping patients for surgery, observing all clinic procedures to enforce sterility and safety of patients.
• Able to monitor anesthesia, with a clear idea of abnormal conditions.
• General duties in the operating room during surgery to assist with movement of patients, recovery of patients, and general flow.
• Cleaning of facility and surgical pack preparation as assigned.
• All other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge and Education:
• One to two years of experience in a veterinary clinic, hospital animal shelter or control facility.
• Handle (on average) 30-60 dogs and cats per day.
• Learn characteristics of animal behavior (for example: be able to identify aggressive or fearful behavior).
• Use appropriate safety equipment for fractious or feral animals (will train) – the use of safety equipment is mandatory.
• Must be able to work standing or sitting for 8 or more hours.
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs repeatedly throughout the day with assistance.
• Bend and kneel repeatedly.
• Respond quickly to a variety of medical situations.
• Cope with death either due to surgical complication or euthanasia.
LifeLine Animal Project, Inc. is currently seeking a Kennel Attendant at the DeKalb County Animal Services facility in Decatur, Georgia. Kennel Attendants are responsible for cleaning cages and kennels, feeding animals, processing animals during intake, assisting people looking for their lost pets and assisting customers who are interested in adopting a pet. Other duties may include washing dishes, doing laundry, unloading dog food, assisting with euthanasia and other tasks as assigned.
- Previous animal related employment experience required. Examples of previous experience include employment at an animal shelter, veterinary clinic, doggy daycare or other animal related business where you had hands-on experience with animals.
- Ability to stand for extended periods (8 hours a day) and to bend and reach to perform assigned work activities. Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. without assistance.
- Ability to interact with impounded dogs, cats and other animals including vicious, stray, sick or injured animals. Ability to determine which animals are aggressive.
- Ability to handle seeing and dealing with animals that have been abused, neglected or treated cruelly.
- Ability to learn/perform a variety of animal care related work activities.
- Must be available to work early mornings and on weekends.
- Must pass background check and drug screening.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- High school diploma or GED required.
Animal Services Officer
DeKalb County Enforcement is hiring an Animal Services Officer. Please follow this link for more information!